Saturday, October 11, 2008

Love is a Battlefield

ok. i have to point out some things that wrecked me yesterday morning.

I was reading in Phillipians4, and I didn't get past the first verse because of Paul's sincerity. mmm, so good. 

read with me, please:
"Therefore my brothers(& sisters), whom I love and long for, my joy and crown, stand firm thus in the Lord, my beloved."

wow. talk about loving others more than yourself.

I pray for this impassioned heart and soul that Paul exhibits. I pray for that longing! that my brothers and sisters may be my joy and crown! above myself, more beloved than myself! How beautiful is the soul that has this overflow of passion and joy for others. It is only by God's grace, and His son, that I may know this kind of love. Infiltrate me, O God, for the sake of You and for the sake of others.

i want that, friends. i do love you, i really do. but i want to love you more, with the best Love possible.

ok, see ya.

3 comments:

Temomma said...

My Precious Joy :)

Broun Stacy said...

thank God it took Paul a lifetime to say that with integrity. And being in jail. Indifference is our jail and from we shien forth. Thank you for love unfurled.

Allie Marie said...

the fact that you are longing to long and love people well is pretty awesome.

love you lat!