Friday, October 3, 2008

Bienvenidos a Torre del Mar/Velez-Malaga!

HOly, amazing. I think I'm going to have to write this in a completely different color just because of the extreme amount of change that has occurred within the last 12 hours. 

wow. Today was a super long day of traveling, but all worth it once we saw the Mediterranean. I wish I had brought my camera, and I know I promised pictures...but alas, it hasn't happened yet. Seriously though, if I don't post pictures of this place, I will have not fulfilled my role de llenar un espacio pequeño en cada corazon que lee este blog. 

We visited our new apartment today and toured the city by foot for a good hour and a half as we literally squealed and jumped up and down at the beauty surrounding us. It was a hilarious sight. Ellie, Trey, and I stood on the seawall staring out at the sea, the mountains, the spaniards walking their dogs....with gaping smiles on our faces. what a refreshment. what a sovereign reminder of our need to rest in Gods greatness. My whole countenance changed today as friendships continue to grow and Christ's peace is blowing in my face with this ambiente.

I've been tired and down from the orientation week, and being honest I haven't been delving into the Word. Which is exactly opposite of what this nonsense should push me toward, right? especially at a time like this. anyways, i figure there IS an explanation to my tangled spirit...and as usual, it my fault. but nonetheless, grace still ABOUNDS. how amazing is that? and how amazing even more is it that I was shown that today in the wind, the sea, the lights, the trees, the people....ahhhhh, soakin it in.

Thanks, Lord.

oh, and a shout out to mi querido. wo0T! for 6 months of love today. =)




2 comments:

Temomma said...

Yeaaaaa!!! I had heard that this place would be breathtaking, and you confirmed it is!!! I am so excited for you, and smiling to think of you and your southern American roomies squealing with glee at the place where you get to live for 9 months!! You will probably have nonstop visitors after that amazing description of Malaga! So more about the apartment, please!

Broun Stacy said...

i love how the beauty you have drunk in from your surroundings comes to the surface of your soul so naturally. Amen. I love you Lat