Saturday, November 8, 2008

Time is borrowed.




It's November. Where have all the cowboys gone? I mean, really.

Okay, I'm going to be honest: I've slacked on the bloggage lately, and every time I begin to open this page I back away in fear of having to be creative or funny or perceived in a certain light. So, now, still not completely convinced that a blog savors the reality that goes on from day to day in my heart, mind, and physicality, I will post a few pictures and a general synopsis of la vida diaria. Vale.

Halloween has come and gone... And if you have looked at facebook, you will have seen my attempt at becoming a cat! And if you look at Morgan's Halloween pictures on facebook, she was a mouse...HOWEVER, it is apparent that our perceptions of cats/mice are identical. What can I say, we ARE Irish twins! meow.
Ellie was a witch. She also thought that the normal witch "thing" would be to attach a black raven to her shoulder. She was hilarious and creative, so "props" to her. muhah. We went to Malaga (the actual city) that weekend, and visited with some friends from orientation. It was good to see them. We shopped and ate a lot of tasty food, but my "you're being too indulgent" conscience went off in my head, so I'm trying to limit the self-satisfaction-ism. Sometimes it's too easy because being in Spain makes me feel like I'm just a character in a video game. With unlimited spending, unlimited intake, and no consequences for any of it. I pray against that.

Que mas? Oh! Meredith (Broun's cousin) came to visit me. She's studying abroad in Firenze for the fall semester, and she is QUITE the traveler. We had a fun time together here--she even came and 'tutored' a teacher with me at school one day. 

Natalia, Trey's girlfriend, is in town this weekend. She's sweet. She's studying abroad in Paris for the semester. Trey asked me to teach him how to knit so he could make Natalia a scarf for Christmas. Go get'm tiger!

Ellie, BegoƱa, MariCarmen, Carla, and I went to Nerja today! I couldn't believe that it's even MORE breathtaking than the scene here in Torre. mmm, I'm definitely going back. There is a huge balcony that overlooks the ocean, and there are cliffs on either side with huge natural rocks at the shore. It's truly incredible. 

Life isn't as meaningful without taking a look on the inside. And I think I've successfully avoided coming face to face with what Christ is molding my heart and soul to look like this week...not to mention where He is reproducing Himself to others here in Spain. Maybe I should put it another way: Stephen Curtis Chapman sings to "Live Out Loud" our faith, wake the neighbors, scream and shout!...and I get to the point in conversation where I've expressed my thoughts or beliefs on an issue (what my God has convicted me with, etc.)--then get almost zero response OR the opposite, which is "Let's agree to disagree"--and I get all passive. I stop screaming and shouting, I simply agree to disagree. Where is perseverance there? How am I allowing myself to be hated for the namesake of Jesus Christ?

I have very much hope that these conversations will come back around as topics resurface, but is my "passivity" hindering God's work now? Should I listen more carefully to the whisperings of the Holy Spirit instead of being okay with waiting for time to "roll back around"? (sorry for putting everything in quotes, these are context-specific, so I'm hoping you get the point)

 After all, I WILL be here for 7 more months. By prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, I present these requests to God so that His peace which transcends all understanding will guard my heart and mind in Christ Jesus. 

Patience Iago, Patience.

2 comments:

Allie Marie said...

Nice Aladdin reference. I miss you, I can't wait until the next time I see you and we can just crack up at nothing for a long time like we always do. I'm praying for you lattch...nice cat costume!

LaLaLand said...

Lat:

Have you met Inigo Montoya?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYBdHz9iiow&feature=related

Love to you.

Steven, Laura & Sommerville