Monday, November 17, 2008

Llena de Gracia








Unfortunately AND fortunately, this week's events were FAR overlooked and/or forgotten by this weekEND's events. 

Here's the story. About two weeks ago I was gaily stalking my virtual (and some real) friends on Facebook, CLEARLY minding my own business, when out of the blue I received a message from Carly Gloge! Carly and I rowed (not rode) together at UT, so we share that all-too-unique bond of being althletes conjuntos. She began asking me about my life since I've graduated, and I, too, was updated on her life: She's currently working in Holland as a sort of "trial run" to see if she wants to live there long-term. After finding out I was in Spain, she didn't hesistate to tell me she had planned a trip to Paris to meet up with one of our volunteer coaches (Ken Jurkowski) to run a 50k race in Luxembourg (that's like 31 miles--MORE than a marathon)...and graciously invited me along for the spectacle!

So,  I immediately jumped on that opportunity, bought a ticket to Paris, and left on Thursday for an exciting adventure. I convinced myself out of driving with them to Luxembourg so that I could stay and explore a little more of Paris...and in the process, I discovered that another one of my friends, Emily Teng (who is currently studying abroad in Italy), was in Paris this weekend too--and ALL thanks to FACEBOOK!! It turns out virtual stalking will get you REAL friends in REAL places...WHODATHUNK?

Some great things i did/saw/ate in Paris:
*The Arc de Triomphe (which was caddy-corner from Ken's uncle's apt where I stayed)
*La Torre Eiffel 
*Crepes!!
*[French] Onion Soup (obviously they can leave off the "French" part)
*The Louvre
*Sacre Coure (sp) on MontMarte (and an aerial view of the city)
*Moulin Rouge (it's a real place, in a real bad area of town.)
*Champs Elyseé!!
*El Rio Seine 
*Went to the gym (haha)
*VickyChristinaBarcelona
*Figured out the Metro system han-SOLO!! 
*Best of all, saw beautiful people and had lots of laughs/full bellies of love.

Needless to say, the city was amazing, and I'll hopefully return to get a more thorough "schmear" of the city, hopefully with a loved one (Since it IS the world's most romantic city).

I'll post my Paris pictures on facebook if you want to see the lot of them.

Woo!! and Carly and Ken successfully finished the 50k ALIVE! Carly is probably already planning her next marathon to complete. 

Emily left me with a sweet sweet note with words of love and truth. Included was Ephesians 3:16-19, which made me even more grateful for the work that Jesus did/does/and will do forever and within us. And SO thankful for friends like her who love to share that knowledge and remind others of God's power and love. 

what a greeeat time.

5 comments:

Katy Livingston said...

OH. MY. GOSH. I saw that first picture and those brown spandex pants and I thought, Carly? It couldn't be! I miss you-- I'm so glad you had a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, crepes. Eating a chocolate-filled crepe while standing under the Eiffel Tower was the crowning moment on my Paris experience. So glad you got to do all that!

Unknown said...

Lattat.


I love you. Come home? I wanted to read that one blog about november, but, the orange on blue colors made me eyes want to fall out. So, alas, here I am on your photolog.

I want to go back to Paris! OR SPAIN. Maybe Spain first.

Allie Marie said...

I'm so jealous you were in Paris! i want to be there traveling with you! I miss you! Are you ready to be a beautiful bridesmaid because that time is fast approaching! I love you mama so much and i miss you TONS!

Tammy said...

Lat! I am so happy you found my blog! I love your blog and it sounds like you are having a lot of fun adventures. How cool that you were able to have "real" experiences with your virtual friends. Sometimes I wonder how many things I miss out on by not having facebook. I guess I'll never know=)